What Is the Best Time to Wash Windows
Window washing is the process of cleaning the glass surfaces of windows. It is important because it helps to improve the appearance of a building, as well as making it easier to see through the windows and also to allow enough light in.
Window washing is best done on a cloudy day. A cloudy day provides the perfect amount of light without harsh shadows and it’s less likely your windows will streak.
Here is a guideline for a perfect window cleaning experience:
1. Plan ahead and avoid washing windows on a windy day. The Wind can cause the soapy water and dirt to fly around and create a mess.
2. Make sure you have all of the supplies you need before you start including a bucket, hose, cleaning solution, squeegee, and rags.
3. Wet your window with a hose or a bucket of soapy water.
4. Apply the cleaning solution to the window using a sponge or brush.
5. Use the squeegee to remove the solution and dirt from the window in a single stroke, working from the top down.
6. Dry the edges of the window with a rag to prevent streaking.
7. Repeat the process on the other side of the window.
8. Once you’re finished, rinse off the cleaning solution with a hose or bucket of water.
9. Make sure to dry the windows completely to prevent streaking.
For best results, wash your windows on a cloudy day and avoid washing them in direct sunlight. If possible, park your car in the shade so that it doesn’t cast a shadow on the windows while you’re washing them. Also, be sure to use a clean sponge or cloth and clean water to avoid streaking.