The Importance of Window Washing
Window washing is a very important part of home and office upkeep, but it’s often overlooked. The windows should be washed at least once a month, but more often if they are dirty. Windows should be washed from the inside and outside, using a detergent and water mix or a commercial window cleaner. Be sure to rinse the windows well to remove all the cleaning solution.
Window washing is not only important because it keeps the windows looking good, but also because dirty or cracked glass can be dangerous. If a window does break while someone is nearby, the glass shards could seriously injure them. For this reason, it’s always best to clean your windows regularly and inspect them for cracks or other damage each time you wash them. Keeping your windows clean will help protect you and anyone else around if they should ever shatter unexpectedly.
Although cleaning your own windows can save you money over hiring window cleaners every month, there are certainly times when calling in a professional might be necessary.
Here are some of those reasons:
- The glass has been broken and replaced with non-tempered glass that cannot be safely cleaned from the outside.
- The windows are very high up and difficult to reach safely.
- You have numerous windows that need cleaning regularly, or you don’t feel comfortable climbing out on the roof yourself.
- You have very valuable or fragile items near your windows and want them cleaned by experienced professionals.
- You require window cleaning for commercial spaces and want only the best quality.
- You just don’t feel like cleaning your windows and would rather pay someone else to do it.
Window washing is definitely worth doing yourself, but in some circumstances it’s worth calling in a professional. Not only can they get the job done quickly and efficiently, but you’ll be able to rest easier knowing that your windows are clean and free of any damage.
No matter what the reason may be, window washing is definitely an important part of home and office upkeep. Even if you consider it a luxury item, make sure to set some time aside each month to keep your glass sparkling clean!