10 Best Strategies for Local Pressure Washing Companies
Local pressure washing companies are a key part of maintaining a pristine, clean and safe environment. Many people don’t know that pressure washing is one of the most effective ways to keep your home or property free from dirt, grime, mold and mildew. With summer just around the corner, many homeowners will be looking for some help with this task so they can enjoy their new outdoor space without worrying about dirty sidewalks or smelly decks.
To help make your search easier, here are 10 tips that will lead you to the most reliable and best-equipped local pressure washing companies in your area.
1) Make sure they’re licensed and insured. This is one of the most important factors when hiring any type of contractor—and it’s especially true for pressure washing companies. Before giving them access to your home or property, always ask if their business is properly insured against accidents on your property—as well as carrying the necessary licenses for operating within your state.
2) Keep track of the weather. Some pressure washing businesses operate only on certain days, and some handle jobs on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to call them before you need their services so they can check the forecast and arrange for ideal times to complete your job.
3) Look at their equipment and methods. The best companies will be using high-pressure pumps that supply water at 4,000 pounds per square inch or higher. Anything less than this can’t cut through stubborn dirt or stains very effectively. Additionally, it’s important to hire a pressure washing company that cleans your home one section at a time.
4) Ask about their methods for protecting your property. Some companies will use special hoses that attach to the bottom of the pressure washer, so no water gets on your foundation or walks. Be sure you ask what kind of precautions they take before signing a contract with any particular company.
5) Request references and check them out. Never rely on word-of-mouth recommendations alone—you need actual testimonials from previous customers who can tell you how well the pressure washing company did after completing their jobs.
6) Find out if they offer additional services. Some pressure washing companies also provide gutter cleaning, window washing and other handyman services. It’s always better to hire one company for all your needs. So keep this in mind when comparing prices and quality of service between different companies.
7) Get an estimate before work begins. Even if you’ve already decided that you want to hire a specific company. If they don’t provide one at the time of the initial visit, ask them for one over the phone before work begins.
8) Give them a trial run. Once you’ve found a company that you’re satisfied with, have them clean one section of your home to see how well they do on your particular surface. This will give you some idea of what they can do for the rest of your property and let you know if their prices are reasonable enough for you to continue using them in the future.
9) Talk about payment details before services begin. You shouldn’t pay until after all work is done, so make sure to establish this policy up front so there’s no confusion later on. Since many pressure washing companies prefer cash or check, ask about any additional fees like service charges.
10) Watch out for shady companies. Some may pressure you into signing a contract without explaining all the details or if they seem angry or dismissive, it’s best to avoid them altogether. If you feel like something is wrong, ask for another estimate from a different company and compare prices and services before making your final decision.