8 Tips for Power Washing Your Windows Like a Pro
Window washing is a chore that most people would rather avoid. Windows get dirty quickly and can be difficult to clean without the proper tools and techniques. A power wash window is a perfect way to clean your windows. Windows can become dirty very quickly, especially if you have kids or pets. A power wash window will remove all the dirt, dust, and grime that has built up on your windows over time. It’s a quick, easy and affordable way to get your windows looking clean and new again!
Here are 10 tips for power washing your windows like a pro:
1. Use the right tools: A power washer is a specialized piece of equipment that is designed specifically for cleaning windows. You can rent or purchase a power washer from most home improvement stores. An electric-powered washer would be a better choice with PSI and GPM of about 1,500 and 2.0 respectively.
2. Use the correct pressure setting: The pressure setting on your power washer should be adjusted according to the type of window you are cleaning. Glass windows can be cleaned with a lower pressure setting, while vinyl or aluminum windows may require a higher pressure setting.
3. Use the correct detergent: There are many different types of detergents available for use with a power washer. Be sure to select a detergent that is designed specifically for use with a power washer. The best detergent to use is one that is biodegradable and not harmful to plants or animals, use a detergent from a reputable brand such as Bio-Green or Sun.
4. Pre-wash the windows: Before you begin power washing the windows, it is important to pre-wash them with a mild detergent and water. This will help remove any loose dirt or debris that could clog the power washer nozzle.
5. Protect your home from over spraying: When using a power washer, be sure to point the nozzle away from your home to avoid over spraying. Also, be sure to wear protective clothing, such as gloves, goggles, and earplugs, to avoid injury.
6. Begin washing at the top of the window: Start by wetting down the top of the window with your power washer. Then, move the nozzle down the window in a back-and-forth motion.
7. Rinse the window with clean water: Once you have finished washing the window, be sure to rinse it with clean water to remove any detergent residue.
8. Dry the window: Use a soft, absorbent cloth to dry the window. Do not use a power washer to dry the window, as this could damage the glass.
Following these 8 tips will help you power wash your windows like a pro!